The Society’s area of interest is the original ecclesiastical parish of Etwall which now comprises the three civil parishes of Etwall, Burnaston and Bearwardcote.
Meetings are held monthly, usually in the Chapel Schoolroom, and start at 7:30pm (unless stated otherwise). Visitors are welcome.
For further details, please contact Pam Kerby on 01283 730287 The Annual Programme of events can be viewed here
Details of Etwall’s historical background can be found by visiting our History of Etwall page
The objectives of the Society are:
- To meet regularly to discuss local historical topics, to share findings amongst members and the wider community as appropriate, and to disseminate findings by means of publications, talks and exhibitions
- To encourage members individually or in groups to carry out research into aspects of the local history of Bearwardcote, Burnaston and Etwall
- To enhance understanding of the methods of local historians and to set historical events in their contemporary context by means of outside speakers
- To arrange visits to local places of historical interest
- To build up an archive of historical material relative to the locality
Membership is open to those who share these objectives. Details of Committee Membership can be found here